• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Furnival

Ron Furnival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:23 AM

Just got the new 2020 version of SoftPlan but have used older versions in the past.

Has any of you long term users, used this software to draw house plans using Structural insulated Panels. 

I know how to create the walls in SIPs but am having trouble trying to do the roofs and floors using SIP panels.

Is there a way to create SIP panels to use in the roof or flooring mode, and if not, how do you do the Floors and Roofs to replicate the SIP panels.

Would appreciate any info you can give me as most of our work is SIP buildings.

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:35 AM

I often set the sheathing to be the thickness of the panels. Then I make my heel height "0" for roofs.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:38 AM

If you want to show splines in panels, then you may want to just set the sheathing to the skin thickness and set your framing to the spline spacing. Then, you would likely want to place a ceiling and use it as the bottom skin. Or, set a second roof/subfloor and offset for the panel thickness (making sure you lock it on a layer, anchor it and uncheck clean up). More problematic, but possible.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Ron Furnival

Ron Furnival

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

Thanks Mark I will give that a try

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SIPs, Structural Insulated Panels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users