3 replies to this topic

#1 Brent Greener

Brent Greener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:18 PM

Are their any instruction, or can you at all, create custom cabinets faces.

I need a normal shaker style door. The one that comes in SP has a vertical rail in the middle of the door panel that I don't want. Closest is the Square flat panel but that has a decorative edge on the doors and I just want a square edge. So can I create my own in Sketchup or with DWG's in SP?

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

You can go into SoftPlan / 3D / 3D Symbols / Shaker (or Square Flat Panel) and grab the DWG files and "remodel" them then either replace them or add your new symbols in your own library. I think it gets a little complicated getting them to show because there is not only a cabinet door library, but a symbol and a configuration. Maybe someone else has done it all the way through.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Brent Greener

Brent Greener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:07 PM

The confusing thing is if you look at the system library for cabinet faces it does show them linked to a 3d symbol in the 3d folder. Might have to do some playing around with it. Also when I pulled the shaker door panel into Sketchup, it doesnt match the door you actually see in SP 3d

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I saw that as well. It appears they have the different versions for each style, then each type of door or drawer front with some layer/sticking options. I cannot figure it out totally. Was able to make my own door style and add it to the library, but cannot find where to set the hardware to work.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users