3 replies to this topic

#1 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCarolina Beach, NC

Posted 28 February 2020 - 04:04 PM

I'm looking to create a sloped gable roof and a sloped wall like in this example picture. Can someone point me to a thread or video that would explain how to do this?

Attached Thumbnails

• sloped roof.JPG

#2 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Curved roof edges are available in the normal roof editing menu. Choose "profile" and it will open the curved profile selections.

#3 John Coyle

John Coyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCarolina Beach, NC

Posted 28 February 2020 - 05:58 PM

Thanks! - I found the "profile" option but not having any luck with it. I definitely want a concave curve at the lower end of one side.

What does the profile height and profile width refer to? The overall size or proportional to a foot? I tried creating a profile after drawing a slope profile the actual size of the gable and tried different values but each time I create a roof with it (or the stock one) it generates a standard roof. What am I missing?

roof help.JPG concave roof profile.JPG

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

Width and height of the profile on the roof ... try inputting some ridiculously large figures to see what it does.

For example try 72" x 72" or 96" x 36" etc. Just experiment so you can see what happens.

Don't try and create a roof with it. Create a standard roof and EDGE EDIT to add the profile.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users