4 replies to this topic

#1 Cory Ewing

Cory Ewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:53 PM

I'm just playing with it for the first time. This seems like something I could really use.  However, I seem to think that I'll be placing keynotes at random throughout the project in whatever order I think about them.  However, I'd prefer related keynotes go next to one another. In other words, if I have 3 notes in the kitchen and 3 in the living room, 2 in the master bath, etc... I'd like them to be grouped.  I don't mind manually ordering them, but it seems that the schedule always displays in the order I create the keynotes or if I try to reorder them, the numbers are then out of order..  Am I missing something or is this a limitation? Thanks

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:58 PM

I think it is a limitation. I believe it behaves a lot like opening schedule IDs and other schedule items, you can rearrange, but SP will not update the numbering, or it will mess it up if trying to "clean up".

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Cory Ewing

Cory Ewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

I think it is a limitation. I believe it behaves a lot like opening schedule IDs and other schedule items, you can rearrange, but SP will not update the numbering, or it will mess it up if trying to "clean up".

Ok. It would be nice if it worked like the Openings b/c at least with those I could change the number/letter and the schedule will regenerate with the updated numbers.  I doesn't seem like I can edit the numbering, order, or even edit the schedule.  Of course I may be missing something.  Anyway, thanks for the reply.

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 01:12 PM

A suggestion has been made to re-order the ID's after the order in the Schedule has been rearranged.

That should allow to to rearrange the Table to keep common notes together then reset the ID's to get them into order again.

#5 Cory Ewing

Cory Ewing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:02 PM

A suggestion has been made to re-order the ID's after the order in the Schedule has been rearranged.

That should allow to to rearrange the Table to keep common notes together then reset the ID's to get them into order again.

thanks Brent. That would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users