#1 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 21 March 2020 - 07:33 AM

Does any body have a 1 hour rated drywall detail for a Two-family dwelling unit that they would be willing to share?

#2 Michael Collazo

Michael Collazo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:09 AM

Interior or exterior? You can do a UL U305 which is one of the most common ones. What matters most with fire rated assemblies is in what direction you need protection. Most of the UL's will only indicate exposure from 1 side. So watch out for that.

Michael A Collazo

Planmark Design Studio, LLC

Tampa, Florida

http://planmarkstudio.com

info@planmarkstudio.com

#3 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:08 PM

John I have a few different versions in SP how can I get them to you?

Gene

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 21 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

Look up USG or any of the gypsum companies for their wall assemblies. Most will allow a PDF or DWG download which can always be cleaned up.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#5 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:32 PM

Per Mark "Look up USG or any of the gypsum companies for their wall assemblies. Most will allow a PDF or DWG download which can always be cleaned up."

Link https://www.usg.com/...assemblies.html

Attached Files

#6 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:45 AM

Thanks Michael. I am looking for 1 hour interior vertical section fire wall to separate a  one story two family dwelling unit. My email is residentialdesign@msn.com

#7 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 22 March 2020 - 07:48 AM

Thanks every body for your response's. I am aware of U305, was looking more for a specific drawing rather than the generic drawing that is in the UL library. 

#8 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:14 AM

Thanks every body for your response's. I am aware of U305, was looking more for a specific drawing rather than the generic drawing that is in the UL library. 

Then you're just trying to make it more complicated than it is.  That is a 1 hr. firewall.

#9 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:49 AM

There are many ways to achieve a 30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc rated fire walls.  The testing of materials in a controlled way is used to make up a particular wall and its rating.  The type of materials used determines the rating.   USG site, as mentioned, has a lot of the assemblies using different wall setups.  But remember, a rating can also depend on how the penetrations are sealed .  I recently did a 1 hr rated wall for a duplex where the builder wanted to use 3 layer 2x4 wall so all penetrations occurred in the outside walls and he did not have to worry if the electrician and plumber sealed the penetrations properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users