#1 Jim Henderson

Jim Henderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:00 AM

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/YazHRSJ9Aik

This video will cover the step by step process of creating a Plan Set Template. This video walks hand in hand with our previous video titled Plan Sets Overview. Plan sets are a powerful way to assemble drawings onto customizable sheets with user-definable borders.

Attached Files

• John Jones, Brent Hyndman and Richard Rubinski like this

#2 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:07 PM

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/YazHRSJ9Aik

This video will cover the step by step process of creating a Plan Set Template. This video walks hand in hand with our previous video titled Plan Sets Overview. Plan sets are a powerful way to assemble drawings onto customizable sheets with user-definable borders.

Jim, one thing that I picked up on from your video is the floating Edit Menu. I didn’t think to click on the pin on the edit menu to have it floating.  The only thing I would like is when you click on the calculator it would pop up next to the floating Edit Menu. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Rick

Attached Files

#3 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:45 AM

The video was helpful, but how can you set up specific information pertinent to the project in the title block without having to do it for each page?

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 March 2020 - 05:58 AM

You use information stamps ... Softplan then pulls all the information to fill the title blocks from the project/designer/drawing information within the project. Have a look at some of my drawing sheets here ... http://softplan.com/...er-page/?p=8482

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:32 AM

I think that it would be useful if the drawings that are loading into the template from the new project as being centered or all drawings fitting on the page.

I have noticed in the past if you go to edit a drawing and click on the label and uncheck it off and then check it back on, it will reset to the correct position under the drawing. I realize that I am particular and hate moving the label independently myself.

Also it would be really awesome if there was some way to auto-populate some detail pages at the end of a set by specifiying the drawings we would like to add and their scale and Softplan fitting them to the sheets neatly. That is what I spend most of my time doing when organizing sheets for the set. The other drawings I can drag in pretty easily each time without a Plan Set Template other than one that has just my titleblock in it for the first page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users