#1 Kerry Calvert

Kerry Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:17 PM

I am looking for a place where with one simple adjustment a drawing scale could be changed?

Regardless of the scale of the drawing(s) I want all common components (arrows, text, line scales, etc.) to display and plot at the same visual size.

For example if a detail drawing is created with all its drawing components (arrows, text, line scales, etc.) intended to be displayed at 1/4"=1'-0" but you decide, after it's completed, that it would be better if it was scaled at 3/8"=1'-0"   With a simple change of a scaling factor from a 1.0 -> 1.5 or 1.0 -> 0.667 all drawing components would automatically adjust to the new scale.

I create detail pages with many different scale drawings on them where all drawing components look consistent. 

Currently I have created a template drawing at each of the scales that I may use in a set of drawings but it is somewhat time consuming merging the drawing on to the various template sheets to see what the drawing would look like at a different scale.  

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 March 2020 - 12:38 PM

There used to be a feature called AUTO SCALE that did just that. However, I could never make it work satisfactorily.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Kerry Calvert

Kerry Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for your input Kieth,

I think what you might be referring to is within Multi-drawings for when drawings are brought together as a multi-drawing, I may be wrong!   

What I'm looking for needs to happen right at the drawing level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users