#1 Kerry Calvert

Kerry Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2020 - 01:24 PM

I often receive drawings from my clients in which they have different wall types than my standards.   Often their lists of wall types is an absolute mess and in one project the client had over 360 wall types,

Sometimes it is so difficult to find a wall type it is actually easier for me to create a new one thus adding to the problem.

Is there a way to search within the wall drop down menu to find a certain wall?  

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 29 March 2020 - 07:48 PM

This is why most of my walls in system are how they came originally.  When I modify a wall in a drawing you want to keep, you can copy that wall to a project/drawing - walls, label it so you can remember what it is, then copy and paste that wall into whatever new drawing.  I know some have configured many different types of walls and put in system, but I use the described method, or just edit a wall, save as, and modify on the fly IF it is not a lot changes to that wall.  Otherwise you can not easily find one of the particular walls placed in system, at least for me.  I think if it is not a sophisticated type of search then it would be hard to find your wall if you have a great deal of variances in wall setups.  Do the same with beams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users