• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dalton Schulz

Dalton Schulz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

I am trying to properly calculate interior casing material separate from door headers, but having some difficulties in doing so. I am looking to put the door headers in the common areas of the home only (only on one side of the door and only on selected doors) so I don’t want to change the size of door top trim and create formulas for casing based on the 2 sizes, otherwise it calculates both sides of the top of door as Header trim. What would be the best way to do this?

I have tried to make an Opening selection option for Door headers and wrote a formula under ‘Group: Openings’ to calculate the one side for the door I selected the option for. This successfully counts the door header material but now I don’t know how to subtract this total from the casing total (as it is still including all headers). With interior casing formula written as a ‘Group: Opening Trim’ formula, I thought to maybe use ‘accumulate’ being that it can put 2 different group type formulas accumulated to one item, but I don’t know how to do this for ‘custom’ formulas, or how to subtract the 2 to do so (as I do not want to add the 2 quantities). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dalton Schulz

#2 Rod Leger

Rod Leger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 05:01 PM

Dalton,

Trim is not based on headers.

It might be of help if you were to post your formulas.

Exterior Doors give you the ability to have exterior trim, separate from interior trim.

Rod

Rod

Softplan 12 - 2012

Softlist

Review

Windows 7 Ultimate

I7 2600K

16GB Ram

2- 23" monitors

#3 Dalton Schulz

Dalton Schulz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm not talking about the structural framing header, just the top door trim (See attachment door header trim).

Door Header Trim.jpg

I know I can write a formula based on trim styles/ sizes, however in most cases this decorative top trim will be only on one side of the door. I've attached my current formula for calculating the decorative top trim, and the formula for calculating all the door casing. Hopefully this helps show what I'm trying to accomplish.

Formula - Door Header Trim.jpg Formula - Interior Door Casing.jpg

Dalton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users