4 replies to this topic

#1 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:59 AM

We have been using multi-drawings for 20 plus years here and I have moved to plan sets. We had a file that was the template save as new project and start. All the detail drawings and notes were there. Some of our multi drawings borders have standard notes. A couple questions.

1.   How are some of you currently managing that do you just create a drawing with notes only and add that to the template?

2.   How do you manage borders we brand them for the builder or developer. Do you just leave the reference border in the file? 

Thanks

Gene

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:54 AM

I use separate drawings for notes, schedules, details, etc. I have title blocks for various sizes and companies we work with in the title block folder, so I can select those as the title block for a whole plan set. I've used some templates, but more often find it just as fast to set up a new plan set from scratch for most projects as there are more unique needs for the jobs we do than the same exact set up for each one. I have recently thought about setting up templates for the basic groups and sheets with just the title block, etc, so it is a little faster (but I haven't done it yet for most residential stuff). For commercial tenant finish jobs I had some basic templates set up that have worked fairly well with basic information, but as someone mentioned, you have to be sure to be using all the same wall, beam, etc. definitions or it can get corrupt. So, I just use it for the specific buildings we are filling out.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 GENE GILES

GENE GILES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 03:08 PM

Thanks Mark - I have time right now so I'm trying to take advantage.

• Mark Petri likes this
Gene

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 April 2020 - 03:15 PM

I'd advise something similar ...

Once you have a full set of Title Blocks set up as you like them, customize them as needed for each client and keep them in the Title Block folder.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:02 PM

I'd advise something similar ...

Once you have a full set of Title Blocks set up as you like them, customize them as needed for each client and keep them in the Title Block folder.

right click on plan set and save as template.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users