#1 Thomas Davis

Thomas Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationOrange Park, Florida

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

I have a set of stairs on a project that has a lower set of stairs, a midway landing, and an upper set of stairs.

Everything shows up just fine in 3D view, but if I generate an ELEVATION VIEW, the landing does not show.

The stairs show, but the landing does not show.

I check my extraction options and even checked floor framing to show, and it did not show the landing. I read in the help section, that landings are basically floor framing members, so I thought that would do the trick. I checked that they were selected to show in the "model" and it is checked by default and greyed out.

I know I can draw a solid cube to represent the landing, but it seems to me that they should show by default.

I also know I can draw a section line in front of the project and generate a section with background to act as an elevation view.

These are all work arounds (which I have done many times) because I always seem to have this same issue.

What am I missing?

I have attached the 3D view which does render the landing....I just want it to show when I generate a front elevation by default.

Thanks,
Tommy

Attached Thumbnails

• Preliminary Front 3D view_06_26_2015.jpg

#2 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

I believe its been this way in all versions that I've been on? (13 to present)  I usually am drawing a concrete landing with stairs and they never show up in elevations...always have to go draw them in with lines after saving elevations.   If theres a better way to do it...I'd love to know as well.

Sam 

#3 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

I guess they fall under the interior stairs category which doesn't show up in elevations. You could draw your landing as a small deck instead. Then it would show up.

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

I must admit, I haven't seen this before. I always draw everything outside as decks or deck stairs, and as Yvon stated, they always show up.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#5 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Tom, I think you have to use the stairs in Deck and landing also, I think that is it , I ran into that last week seems

#6 Thomas Roman

Thomas Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

as Fred said above..

Standard stairs (landings, railings) will not show on elevations.. SoftPlan thinks you'd only use those for interior stairs...

DECK stairs (landings, railings) will show on elevations...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stair landings, landings in elevation view, 3D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users