• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:25 AM

I'm redrawing a plan that was drawn before we started drawing.  We have built this house twice and I need to adjust the space below the inside of the main floor linen closet to create head room on the stairs.  When we built it, we build a raised floor inside the linen closet by 12-18".  

I attached some screenshots.  I have drawn a floor system in inside the closet but every time I try explode and change the joist size, or anything else, it changes it for the entire house.  I thought about setting a different level but not sure if that will work or if it will change the entire house.  

The ultimate goal, is to raise the subfloor inside the linen closet while still allowing the stair hole to have sheetrock and sheetrock the bottom side of howver it is drawn to raise the linen closet floor so the rendering looks good down below when we add a ceiling.  

I know how to build it I just don't know how to draw it and get it to render correctly.  If we were only doing 2D prints it wouldn't be an issue but I plan to do some fly through videos of this plan for marketing purposes.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• Main floor linen.png
  • Basement .png
  • Inked3D stairs_LI.jpg

#2 Heath Foster

Heath Foster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:02 AM

I think you can change the level of different parts of the floor system and then adjust them separately. When you make a change it effects everything on the same level.
  • John Jones likes this

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 April 2020 - 08:28 AM

Correct!

Changes affect everything defined as the same level.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 Jay Johnson

Jay Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:32 AM

Awesome, thanks guys.  I adjusted the level to be level 2.  This worked and I had to create some .5" sheetrock only walls and set the layer as invisible but so far it looks right.  I think the ceilings will work ok, though I have not tried it yet.  Thanks again!

#5 JOHN PATTERSON

JOHN PATTERSON

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPowell Ohio

Posted 20 April 2020 - 05:47 AM

I have run into this scenario myself. I thought it would be nice to be able to slope the floor ( like we are able to do with concrete floors) over the stair hole in order to maintain headroom on the stairs.

• Rick Kingsbury likes this

#6 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:49 AM

You can set a raised floor and slope the ceiling underneath it John. Or, you could frame a little roof in there without shingles, fascia, and soffits. But, you might have to do a bit of work to get it to stay where you want it.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users