#1 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:18 PM

I find when I am using block move and I am zoomed out pretty far I will sometimes make the selection. Then type on the keyboard 8 for 8 inches. And then push the left arrow key to move it 8 inches to the left. And then find that when I use the home key to complete the move it tacks on an extra inch and even says it moved over 9 inches.

I believe that sometimes it is 1 inch less as well. I also should note that I have the cursor options set for the cursor movement to be on a 1 inch grid if that matters.

I also find that if I zoom in before finalizing the selection that I don't experience this extra 1 inch movement.

Anyone else see this kind of behavior or is it just mine?

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:26 PM

Do you have it set to snap to grid? If so, try unchecking that. It may be the cursor was slightly off to one side or the other of the object you are moving.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:45 PM

wait.................. you can move things a certain distance by inputting a numerical distance!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?  :o

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 29 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

Jon, yes you can! just make sure you turn off snap if close to a lot of different things. Hit "home" while hovered over what you want to move (or have it selected), then type the distance, and then hit the arrow key for the direction you want to move it. Then hit home again. If you messed up the distance you have an opportunity to enter it in the window that pops up.

• Steve Haarmann, Jon Davis, David Zawadzki and 1 other like this

Mark Petri

#5 Steve Haarmann

Steve Haarmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Jon,

That is called an epiphany !!!

• Jon Davis likes this

#6 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:28 AM

Just tried it... very cool. Learning something new every day.

#7 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 May 2020 - 10:19 AM

Do you have it set to snap to grid? If so, try unchecking that. It may be the cursor was slightly off to one side or the other of the object you are moving.

Ever since SoftPlan changed it so that when you zoom in the snap to grid tolerance chances, I have been using the 1 inch snap to grid option. I like having my drawings on some type of grid it makes it easier for me during design. I just end up zooming in before I click the final selection of Move Block and it does not have that issue with it going one inch higher or one inch lower.

But not sure if it is something that others experience and if so then it can be fixed. Or maybe it is something with what I am doing.

#8 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 04 May 2020 - 11:49 AM

I don't think it's happened to me at all. But I don't use the grid and and I have the habit of turning off snap if close to a bunch of stuff. I will try to pay more attention and see if it does happen if I turn on the grid.

Mark Petri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users