#21 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:24 PM

I have been using Plan Sets for a while now and the only thing that still bugs me about the titleblock is that there is no ability for Revision Dates. Every time that I print an extra set for a client they have todays date on them. It has not often come up but it does make it confusing to figure out if everyone is using the most up to date set for construction without reprinting everyone sets. I have gotten into the habit of making PDF files for when I print the sets off so that I can look back at the drawings with that date to assess changes.

But I have suggested that there should be the ability to use the Save Project Revision command to put a date on a drawing. Each time that I click Save Project Revision it creates a folder in my file under REVISION with the name of the folder and a sequential count from 1, 2, 3 and so on at the end of the folder name. If they just changed this from a count to a 2015-11-10 date and time stamp then this information could be utilized by softplan as a Stamp to add revision dates to our titleblocks again. Just a suggestion. I would find it useful.

• Keith Almond likes this

#22 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

Agreed, the only major issue I have is making sure that everyone has the same set of drawings, without giving everyone new copies every time I print one set. The only other thing that would work for me is a UPDATE button, that only updates the drawing to the current date when pressed. Otherwise it keeps the date that was last "stamped" on the drawing.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plan Sets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users