17 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Schultz

Bryan Schultz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:33 AM

How are you all approaching your marketing floor plans? I usually save the floor plans as a different drawing and turn off the items as needed. But, I have to think there's a better way to approach it. Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

You could use a custom drawing mode with everything showing how you want it.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Denis Reis

Denis Reis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:23 AM

I use the room mode

#4 Brian Berzinskis

Brian Berzinskis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:25 AM

Currently I save it as a different file and erase out the information that I don't need. But I really should be doing it in a Custom Drawing Mode if I had the time to set it up. I don't know if there is a way though to show only Exterior Auto Dimensions in a Custom Drawing Mode. Because I usually erase all interior dimensions and just have the room names with their dimensions for marketing.

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:10 AM

If you set up a custom mode, does anyone know how to show the walls solid like Room mode shows them. I've looked in the past, and can't find it. I assume I'm missing something fundamental.

But, even so if you want to do marketing plans a custom mode is the way to go. Just set everything up once, and switch modes to show whatever you want.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 19 May 2020 - 11:44 AM

Keith - It's in the bottom area (upper left corner of that bottom space) of the visible items menu - just check the box for "show/print walls solid".

• Keith Almond likes this

Mark Petri

#7 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:40 PM

I usually just saved it as a different file and deleted all the construction info.

#8 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:23 PM

I named one of the Custom Modes to "Presentation" then setup the visibility for what I didn't want to show, like dimensions, window and door sizes

#9 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

What about the Presentations Views already in SoftPlan?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#10 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:53 PM

I don't like presentation views, but that is certainly an option.

Mark Petri

#11 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:58 PM

What about the Presentations Views already in SoftPlan

It's real busy and hard to make out things. Do you have a screenshot of one?

Attached Files

#12 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:18 PM

Keith - It's in the bottom area (upper left corner of that bottom space) of the visible items menu - just check the box for "show/print walls solid".

Thanks Mark,

I don't know why, but I always assumed that that was a toggle, and worked the same way as the "DISPLAY EVERYTHING" switch. I didn't realize it was controllable independently from the mode area's.

Good to know.

In that case all you people saving files as different drawings and deleting things should definitely look into creating a custom mode for your marketing plans that just switches everything on/off as necessary with a single switch. Would be much easier.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#13 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:26 PM

You can adjust the presentation view just like your other views...

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#14 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:35 PM

Here is visible lines presentation view:

Attached Files

Softplan user since 1989

#15 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:17 AM

Here is the same presentation view in textured mode with lights off:

Attached Files

Softplan user since 1989

#16 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 09:43 AM

I guess it's which way you prefer. If you don't define each room like hallways, closets, ect it isn't as clean as yours. Bill over at Softplantuts showed me this way. Once you set it up all you have to do is change it to the Presentation mode.

https://softplantuts...ING-FLOOR-PLANS

Attached Files

• Mark Petri likes this

#17 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:40 AM

Here is a quick marketing flyer using an 8x11 layout template and data stamps:

Attached Files

• Gary McKeon and ROBERT BROGAN like this

Softplan user since 1989

#18 Bryan Schultz

Bryan Schultz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for all the info. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users