#1 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:59 AM

Good morning softplan friends!

I've been absent from the forum for over a year now I think.  My fault...I made some comments in anger/frustration early in the 2020 release regarding issues I was experiencing.  My apologies to the development team and support team that work hard to keep us working.  I swear, every time we are close to a new version I tell myself to wait to install until a few patches have been done and little bugs are worked out, then when the new version is released, I wanna be first in line to get it!  :)  I also try to remind myself when frustrated with little quirks in the program that there is no possible way developers could anticipate every combination of ways something could be done by thousands of users world wide, and one of us is bound to do something that causes issues.  A fellow user that is a good friend tells me all the time that I excel at breaking softplan!  Anyway...apologies again if my comments last year offended anyone.

On to my request!

I could use some help from our softplan community!

Every year I try to enter a few completed projects in AIBD's American Residential Design Awards.  This year I submitted 4 project designed in softplan in multiple categories.  Most categories are judged by a panel of other designers, builders, interior designers, etc.  The prestigious award "Global Choice" is voted on by the public world wide and whoever gets the most votes wins.  As far as I know, no softplan user has been a previous winner and I'd like to be the first.  I'm hoping some of our community here will vote for my project "Casa Aranda" and share with family and friends to also vote.  This project was built on a private man made water ski lake here in the Utah Desert.  Voting is easy, just head to the link below and log in using 05 ARDA CASA ARANDA.jpg acebook, google, or linked in and pick our project.  It appears that it may be possible to log in with each of those 3 accounts and vote so each person could vote 3 times, but once you vote with a specific log in, you don't get to vote again.  Share with your friends if you would.  It will likely take several thousand votes to win.  

Thanks in advance.  

https://residentiald...-global-choice/

#2 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:36 PM

Interesting.

#3 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:53 PM

Softplan has been working flawlessly for me. Can't wait for the next version. I'll be the first to sign up for 2022. I like things interesting!   :D

#4 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:58 PM

I agree warren...its just that first little bit when patches trickle out that caused my issues.  Doesn't help that I've been juggling 15-20 projects at a time for years so any little glitch could mess me up.  I over reacted and said things I shouldn't.  I always need to remind myself that after those patches in the first couple months after a new release, things typically work perfectly until the new version comes out.  I have no complaints about 2020 at this point.  I think I've had the same issues with just about every version but everything has always been addressed with a patch and those patches always come out quickly, then aren't needed again for the duration of that version.  Happy camper now and wouldn't consider changing for anything

• Warren Ducote likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users