• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stan Elliott

Stan Elliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:05 AM

New user here. We are a long time Autocad shop and recently subscribed to Softplan+. I am making my way through and am able to create a plan set and multiple sheets, foundation plan, elevations, etc. Due to the learning curve I am trying to export to dwg to cleanup a couple drawings to get them out. I am able to export the individual views but not the whole plan set or even a completed drawing? If I do manage to export the planset the views are images not dwg.  I am certain this is purely a lack of knowledge but am under the gun. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:33 AM

For views, (elevations and sections) you need to save as a drawing file (upper left hand corner of the toolbar typically). Then you may want to clean up before exporting. It will basically give you a line drawing with the option of adding paint per the siding and other exterior materials you have selected in your SoftView window and wall/roof definitions. I typically do not save those, but some do.

• Sean Tobin likes this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Dennis Hilborn

Dennis Hilborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationDFW Texas

Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:57 AM

To add to Mark's suggestion, you have to save EACH elevation to a drawing file then add that drawing to a plan set sheet.  If it's not in the plan set as a drawing then you will still get it as an image only.

Big omission from the programming in SP.  If you export a DWG file then SP should create the elevation drawing files automatically.  The command is incomplete.

• Rick Kingsbury and Sean Tobin like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dwg, export

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users