27 replies to this topic

#21 Thomas Kreun

Thomas Kreun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:17 PM

If you used the website for the trim profile you need to redo it. The trim on your detail is reversed.

The attached detail was not generated as softplan keeps offsetting the trim to match the door jamb thickness. It was "freehand" per say to show what an actual section detail of a prehung door. I was a bit annoyed and felt he was trolling me by calling out my 36" hallway comment so I was trying to be cute by flipping the trim but realize now I may have just fed into the trolling. 

#22 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:18 PM

Apologies, If I caused any offense. That certainly wasn't the intention.

I have the same issue. I made my trims default to 3/4" narrower than standard to take up the overlap on the frame.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#23 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:31 PM

Take a look at the other softplan casing it’s probably reversed from the profile you made

#24 Thomas Kreun

Thomas Kreun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:42 PM

Take a look at the other softplan casing it’s probably reversed from the profile you made

I uploaded it correctly and thanks for the tip. I've been dealing with the 2 3/4" default colonial trim since I can remember and now I actually have the 2 1/4" casing that is used in 75% of my plan orders.

The trim in my detail was flipped because I was being an asshole towards Keith as I was convinced he was trilling me. I have "asshole" in me and sometimes it shows its ugly head.

Attached Files

#25 Thomas Kreun

Thomas Kreun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:45 PM

I'm convinced there is a way to offset the trim 1/4" rather than the default of what the thickness of the Frame Thickness is. I know of a work around to it but I think SoftPlan can do better than that. No where in the real world have I seen door trim offset 1" or more and since I do a lot of rendering work this has been an on going issue with me.

#26 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

I'm convinced there is a way to offset the trim 1/4" rather than the default of what the thickness of the Frame Thickness is. I know of a work around to it but I think SoftPlan can do better than that. No where in the real world have I seen door trim offset 1" or more and since I do a lot of rendering work this has been an on going issue with me.

It looks like the 3D model is adding an extra frame. When you look at the one where I unchecked the frame it models correct, although I haven't tried a cross section to see what it looks like.

#27 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:17 PM

It would be nice to have a trim reveal option...

• Mark Petri and Steven Wohlgemuth like this
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#28 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:27 AM

%99.99 of people(customers) looking at your interior renderings will probably never notice, or even know the difference... Seems to me all that trouble isn't worth it. Just my 2cents. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users