• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Daniela Todorova

Daniela Todorova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 11:53 AM

I am using the renovator version, just was told that the material list is very limited compared to the full version of software. The tiles do not appear on the material list. Any suggestions? Crated a wall: Plate A, Studs, Plate A, Plate A, cement board, tiles, the cement board does not appear in the material list either.  

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 24 August 2020 - 02:26 PM

I've never used that version. Do you have access to the wall definitions? If so, is SoftList checked in the material line for both the cement board and tile? Is the wall definition you are using a new wall or existing wall? I have my existing walls set so nothing shows in SoftList (not sure if SP would have done that). Do you have the ability to check materials in the wall edit menu (Selections Tab)?

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Daniela Todorova

Daniela Todorova

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:59 PM

Thank you Mark, SoftList is checked for all items in the new walls , not checked in the existing walls, and I have no idea why the existing walls appear on the material list, and some items from the new walls do not appear. 

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:31 AM

I don't use SoftList much. I wonder if it could be a setting in the SoftList report you are using?

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#5 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:59 AM

Do you have a material definition created for both items in question?  Are those MD's in the report layout?  If yes to both, do you have parameters selected in the MD that would exclude those products?  (example: "profile")

#6 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:42 AM

Hi Daniela.

Wall tile is typically added as an interior finish rather than as part of the wall definition. The remodel material list is configured to count wall tile that is added as a wall finish in Interior mode.

I'd encourage you to send the drawing to our support department. They can take a look at your drawing and and make recommendations to help you with the output to your material list. 

• John Jones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users