#1 Jonathan Waldie

Jonathan Waldie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I just recently bought Softplan and am getting started with it. I've played with the trial, but that's about it.

I am coming from a background of working in Revit and trying to make the switch over as most of my work is residential design. 

My question is concerning scaling and title blocks. Coming from Revit, title blocks and sheets were scaled 1:1... So a 24"x36" sheet and title block was 24"x36". When placing views on the sheets, the views were scaled down based on the scale you set for that view. 

I am just starting to work on creating my own title block in soft plan, but I noticed the title block templates are not even close to the size of a standard sheet... For example the 24"x36" title block template measures 139'-8" wide...  I assumed that Softplan did not actually scale the views down, but scaled up the title blocks... but then I went into a sample plan and noticed a scale is chosen for the view when placed on a sheet... Needless to say, i'm confused about what is going on. Are the views only scaled proportionally to fit on the sheet rather an to the actual scale that it says? Just seems simpler to make the sheet size and title block their actual size and scale the views down accordingly. 

Unfortunately I have not been able to find too much information or videos on how this all works.

Any help in this would be appreciated. Looking forward to using the program and getting more acquainted. 

#2 Bryan Schultz

Bryan Schultz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:12 PM

Plan Sets! 

There are Title blocks in the "Title Block" Folder. They are drawings just like main floor/foundation/ect... Instead of going to the projects folder, go to Title Block folder.

Lots to use -- just modify and save as " whatever you want to name it". 

In plan sets, you can import.

In plan sets, you can pull in your drawings and scale each one accordingly, crop them, ect...

Is very easy. 

Let me know, i'd be happy to take a call tomorrow.

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:22 PM

Here’s a good start on videos you can learn from...

https://youtu.be/U4pE4BV-tAc
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users