6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Cordsen

Chris Cordsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I am looking for someone to take the floor plans ive drawn in Softplan 2020 and turn them into buildable sets. We are a small builder in the Austin area, so we are looking for someone who has experience in the area.

Thanks

Chris Cordsen

#2 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:27 PM

You will pretty much need an architect or certified residential designer with Texas Lic to get plans suitable for permit ready and approval in Austin proper.  If is small, then you can provide the drawings but will need a structural engineer stamp on most everything.  Austin is very tough.  If you are in a jurisdictional district (outside Austin proper), then you may be able to supply the plans but will still need a structural engineer.  Even experienced architects and designers get plans rejected.  Each time they are rejected it costs to resubmit base on what changes are needed.

• Allen McDonnell and Dennis Hilborn like this

#3 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 03:42 PM

I've seen a lot of posts like this recently, but none of them pan out. Or else I just must not be a good candidate. lol

That being said, I'd be happy to help with drafting, if you'll provide your contact information. 

• Tom Vermette likes this

#4 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:41 PM

You will pretty much need an architect or certified residential designer with Texas Lic to get plans suitable for permit ready and approval in Austin proper.  If is small, then you can provide the drawings but will need a structural engineer stamp on most everything.  Austin is very tough.  If you are in a jurisdictional district (outside Austin proper), then you may be able to supply the plans but will still need a structural engineer.  Even experienced architects and designers get plans rejected.  Each time they are rejected it costs to resubmit base on what changes are needed.

I love a hard approval.  Gets my juices flowing.  BRING IT!!!!

#5 Kevin Rabenaldt

Kevin Rabenaldt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 September 2020 - 10:18 PM

Allen, more power to you.  lol.  Have you submitted in Austin?  Any rejection no matter how small requires more money in permit fees to resubmit.  Most of it is busy work and they have a habit of adding new things each time they reject.  Real fun.  Reminds me of our old friend Randy and the submittals in San Francisco.

#6 Chris Cordsen

Chris Cordsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:40 AM

Hey kevin,

You are 100% correct, Austin is a beast to deal with and because of that we stick to the surrounding areas, mostly Lago Vista and Travis County. Lago has its hang-ups but that's in the landscaping and driveway plans which we are generating in house. There are a few areas we work in that require a structural engineer stamp and for those we have several plans already approved. Luckily the ones we are looking to build right now no not require any of the extra stamps or engineering, we just need good clear plans. 

My contact info for anyone interested is ChrisRCordsen@gmail.com. my notifications for this forum weren't on, they are now, so expect faster replies in the future.

Chris 

#7 Allen McDonnell

Allen McDonnell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 September 2020 - 07:47 AM

Allen, more power to you.  lol.  Have you submitted in Austin?  Any rejection no matter how small requires more money in permit fees to resubmit.  Most of it is busy work and they have a habit of adding new things each time they reject.  Real fun.  Reminds me of our old friend Randy and the submittals in San Francisco.

I have not.  But i am all to familiar with the script.  Today its "this".  Tomorrow its "that".  Its like they skim the code book and say "Oh, this looks fun".......

• Mike Adams and Brent Putney like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users