#21 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:34 PM

Sorry I told you the incorrect place to adjust the notes. It's to the right of where I told you before. That doesn't work any better.

Attached Files

#22 John Rhodes

John Rhodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:36 PM

No setting works. I've tried them all. See image if it loads.

#23 John Rhodes

John Rhodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:37 PM

Try again.

Attached Files

#24 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:47 PM

Below is a test with a drawing note 12", The note created on the plan set page is a ¼" in size.

Attached Files

#25 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:05 PM

Speed note added on plan set page and the other dragged from a drawing ¼" scale. I edited the speed note properties on the plan set page to see the size of the speed note.

Attached Files

#26 John Rhodes

John Rhodes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:09 PM

Seems to be good news. I went in and changed all character setup at the system level, created a new project and it appears to be working. I had reset those same ones at the system, project and drawing levels in the previous project file without success. (Having "reset to system", "reset to project", etc after each change. Maybe something going on in that project/file.

In any case, I appreciate all the replies. What are your settings for detail and overview notes by the way? (In drawing, not plan set. ie - 5" ? Less or more?) I will leave all my detail sheets as they are since those won't be affected; having their own drawing level settings now.

- John 

#27 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:14 PM

It looks like if you add a speed note on a plan set page it will be the same size as long as the drawing you added on the plan set page is ¼" scale.

#28 Carl Lee

Carl Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMadison, Ga.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 01:37 PM

Keith,

Thats what I mean by plan sets making more work. For example, you would have to label each element of an elevation drawing on each and every one separately. On a multi, I would have all the elevations visible, put the notes/labeling on one view and then copy/paste all over the page on the other views; complete with pointers etc. Very quick and easy. The other way with plan sets, I would have to go into each drawing file and keep going into the libraries to place notes. Again I like the concept of the plan sets. But why the character setup has to be different seems lost to me. I want my note/text sizes to be what I have them setup to be on the main drawings. It just saves a lot of back and forth in multiple files when you can do it all on one sheet. I'll keep plugging at it on things that don't need to be done and sent out anytime soon.

Thanks

John

I created a speed note with all the elevation notes that I normally use, I drop it on the elevation and explode it and drag and drop the notes where i want them and erase the ones I didn't use or need.  That way I only have to go the library once for each elevation.  

#29 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:56 AM

Plan sets are awesome, once you get comfortable with them.

I never add notes directly to the plan set page, with the exception of title page notes, page numbers sheet titles etc.

my title page is assigned as a border in the page set.

like Mark I have my active page on my 2nd monitor and add text directly to the active drawing so I can move them out of the way of other items on the page, this also keeps the notes on the drawing not the plan set page in case I move the drawing to another page.

PDF export of the entire plan set is much better than several PDF pages from a multi drawing

• David Zawadzki likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users