#1 Edward Shannon

Edward Shannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hi all - I am trying to get acclimated with 2014.  Since I only use the program sporadically (when I am freelancing) I am getting hung up on a few items.

My most urgent issue....I placed my furniture on a layer.  Now I cannot move, edit, or even erase any of it?  Does putting something on a layer lock/freeze it?  Every time I try to select furniture I get the "DOINK" sound!  Could someone please explain what is happening here.

could somebody, please, please explain the new file management. (yes, I have read and re-read, and re-re-read the manual)  When does a drawing become a project?  When I want to do multiple schemes and do a save as, it saves to the original project folder.  Anyone have any tips on how they manage these things.  

Any light shed on these would be most appreciated.  Thx, ejs

Edward J Shannon, ArCH/NCARB/LEED GA

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

Sounds like the layer is locked. Click the layer to bring up the LAYER DIALOGUE and uncheck lock.

You can save as many different drawings as you want in a project. The project just effectively saves all the drawings in a common file, and keeps them all together.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Edward Shannon

Edward Shannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, Iowa

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

Thanks Keith.  Seems simple.  but, alas, I a moon lighting softplanner and a reviteer by day.

in regards to saving project files.  I have a project with three different schemes I am developing.  Scheme B is in a project folder called Scheme B.  Schem C was saved to that same folder, then I re-saved it , yet it is now just in the "projects folder.  How can it become its own project - called Scheme C?

Edward J Shannon, ArCH/NCARB/LEED GA

#4 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:20 AM

Everything in that Folder will be Scheme B, open a new folder for Scheme C and move everything you want into there. When you open that folder, if there isn't a project file in there, Softplan will create one. Rename it whatever you want. I don't think you can have two projects in the same folder ... although I have been wrong before. Typically I open a Folder per client, and have sub-folders under there for each separate project.

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users