#1 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationDuncan BC Canada

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:26 PM

Where do I find the check box to enable interior openings to be pushed tight against the wall?

I can’t move closer than 4 1/2”!, really sucks when your trying to fit a 3ft bifold into a 3’1 1/2” space

Thanks

#2 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRoxton Falls, Quebec, Canada

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:38 AM

Gary,

I don't know too much about v2020 but in v2012 we go into System Options->Dimensions Options->Frame Clearance and set to 0" or some other distance that you want.

Attached Files

#3 Wesley Penner

Wesley Penner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRoxton Falls, Quebec, Canada

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:41 AM

Alternatively, you can place your opening farther away and use Set Distance Between. This will override the Frame Clearance measurement in System options or Drawing Options. 

Of course the frame clearance setting is also available on a drawing level in Drawing Options as well.

• John Jones likes this

#4 Brent Hyndman

Brent Hyndman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 08:22 AM

Without changing the default frame clearance in the drawing/project options, there are a few options available.

If you get a message upon placement asking if you want to 'Resize opening to fit to wall?', simply say 'No' and the opening will ignore the frame clearances and draw at full width. If you have already allowed the opening to resize, you can edit it back to its full width(enable the product code again) and it will ignore the frame clearance.

If the opening is already drawn and you want to move it closer to one side, add an extension and a dimension to the wall. Edit the dimension to override the frame clearance.

• Mark Petri likes this

#5 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the replies, I’ll look for the frame clearance in options

Gary

#6 Chris Proost

Chris Proost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 18 November 2020 - 08:53 AM

You can also use Adjust Item. Adjust the opening closest to the perpendicular wall to as close as you want it then grab the other side of the opening and adjust it to the correct size.

#7 Gary Wicklund

Gary Wicklund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 09:02 AM

Gary,

I don't know too much about v2020 but in v2012 we go into System Options->Dimensions Options->Frame Clearance and set to 0" or some other distance that you want.

Frame clearance has been removed in 2020, I’ve adjusted frame width to 0” in system options,project options and drawing options but still can’t move closer to the wall.

dimensioning worked and adjusting works

thanks for the replies

#8 Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:16 PM

I found the "adjust" method a while back and is the easiest for me.  Its done then and there with out searching for something else. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users