4 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Peimer

Sam Peimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

I want to download sketchup windows for Australia from sketchup 3D library and add them into a new library. The windows have been compressed into one file and I don't know how to separate them into individual files. I have attached the downloaded file. ould appreciate if someone can help.

Sam

Sam Peimer Building Design & Drafting

25A Fromer Street

Bentleigh

Melbourne  Vic 3204

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 30 December 2020 - 08:07 PM

No download attached. It is a two step process to attach a file, maybe that was an issue. Also, large files cannot be uploaded (forget the limit). I think you will have to open the file in SketchUp and then save each window separately.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Sam Peimer

Sam Peimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:04 PM

Hi Mark,

Is there a way of importing a sketchup window and converting it to a Softplan opening and incorporate in the plans.

Sam

25A Fromer Street

Bentleigh

Melbourne  Vic 3204

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 31 December 2020 - 03:14 PM

I believe so (to a degree). We can import doors and reference them in the SP opening wizard. I am uncertain that it works well for windows, and an opening elevation still needs to be created. Using exported views of the windows and adjusting lines once in SP at least should work. It's been awhile since I've created anything. I did create a craftsman style door with the sticking, different glazing colors, the dentil molding and all. What I found when using it is I should have also put the hardware on as SP thinks the very outer edge of the model of the door is the surface the door handle should reference. So, I need to fix that. Right now the door handle floats in space about 2" away from the door stile.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#5 Sam Peimer

Sam Peimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:45 PM

Thanks very much Mark for your help.

Sam

25A Fromer Street