1 reply to this topic

#1 Sam Morgan

Sam Morgan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:20 PM

If I remember right, the ability to import and convert DWG drawings to Softplan drawings has been around for a version or two now?  Anyone have experience with this and can chime in on how well it works? 

I had a builder call me yesterday to tell me that one of his clients was totally blown away by a Lumion animation we created from our softplan model and wanted to know if we could do something similar on a multi million dollar remodel he is doing in another state.  His clients live out of the country and he was thinking an animation would really help him communicate with his clients better.  He has access to the DWG files from the original architect on the project.  I wouldn't normally even consider this project as we are super slammed and he's not a regular client of mine, but he consistently builds high end homes here so it could open some doors for future work.  If its easy enough to convert the DWG files into something I can work with in softplan so I only have a day or two worth of work before it goes to my Lumion master....then it may be worth it for me.  I don't have time to spend a week experimenting with this feature or the same amount of time recreating everything from scratch!

Thanks!

Sam

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:39 AM

I found it quicker to just trace the drawings.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users