3 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Posted 06 February 2021 - 09:43 AM

Checking to see if anyone else has this situation.

When I'm using multi-draw or have drawings open in other windows and turn of a layer in one drawing, that same layer in a drawing open in another window turns off as well?!?

Are others experiencing this? Any solutions.

Thanks.

#2 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:50 AM

Yes ... It's expected behaviour ... As all the drawings are linked in Project Options.

You can turn it off by going to Drawing options and CHECKING Use Custom Drawing Options rather than Project Options. The downside is all the drawings are now independent.

Personally, I prefer Individual drawing options. I would even want my drawings to START with Custom Drawing Options, as the time taken (EVERY TIME) you change something is excessive. I have to go into every drawing and turn Project options OFF.

NOTE TO SOFTPLAN: I would like my drawings to be independent. That's why we have drawing options. That way I can make custom changes to individual drawings without changing the whole project ...

• Joseph Smith, Brad Johnson and Jon Davis like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#3 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 06 February 2021 - 11:10 AM

I'm in agreement with Keith most of the time.

two main things i consider before breaking a drawing away from the project are:

1.  wall definition; any change i may do to tweak a wall on a drawing is unaffected by the other drawings within the project...keep in mind foundation levels where i change up my dimensions slightly. 

2.  option changes of any kind...i'll have to adjust each level drawing if i break away from the project.

___

** for tech support or anyone in charge please post a video of how to use drawing options template configuration AND drawing option template in system options (keep the video simple for all of us to understand...i'm slow).  its showed up in V2020, i've messed with it early on and had poor success so gave up.  I see potential but shy away.

Yes ... It's expected behaviour ... As all the drawings are linked in Project Options.

You can turn it off by going to Drawing options and CHECKING Use Custom Drawing Options rather than Project Options. The downside is all the drawings are now independent.

Personally, I prefer Individual drawing options. I would even want my drawings to START with Custom Drawing Options, as the time taken (EVERY TIME) you change something is excessive. I have to go into every drawing and turn Project options OFF.

NOTE TO SOFTPLAN: I would like my drawings to be independent. That's why we have drawing options. That way I can make custom changes to individual drawings without changing the whole project ...

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#4 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:51 AM

I have custom settings for each type of drawing for this reason as well.

I've edited the settings of default to my liking, but then I also have one for elevations, one for plans, etc... if I need to change something but don't want it to affect the default.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users