#1 Chris Robinson

Chris Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationKelowna, B.C. Canada

Posted 08 February 2021 - 07:19 PM

The standard detail that we use in my area, to eliminate steps at the front entry and the garage is to drop the floor joists below the top of the foundation at the front of house. I have been trying with no luck setting up a wall type that makes this work.

The floor joists automatically sit on top of the concrete wall. Is there a way to override this? Attached File  Foundation wall detail.pdf   14.92KB   206 downloads  

#2 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:02 PM

In your "floor system options" while in "Floor System" mode there is a radio button on the lower right that allows you to set the floor system alignment to either the outside or inside of bearing. Check the "inside" and you should be good to go. Still might be a reference here or there that grabs the wrong thing but just drag it where you want it. I too use this a lot.  

• David Zawadzki likes this

#3 Chris Robinson

Chris Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 10:21 PM

Thank you so much. 

#4 Thomas Parker

Thomas Parker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:43 AM

A 'Reference Point' set at a corner of the drawing where you prefer the elevations to stack may also do the trick.

Tom Parker

TJP Designs and Const. LLC

v10 - v2020

#5 Chris Robinson

Chris Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:30 AM

Thanks Tom,

It was the reference point that was messing with everything. Every time I raised the concrete up the whole upper floor went up. I am just learning this program so things like this drives me nuts. Everything is working now. I am doing a test run by redrawing an existing plan. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users