Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 11 February 2021 - 10:10 AM

Hi,

I am trying to set up a Custom Drawing Mode to isolate details about the cabinetry and it needs its own dimensions. The Drawing Mode dimensions are all set to not be visible in all modes (default setting) yet they appear on the new Custom Mode. Has anyone run across this and, if so, how did you work around it?

Cheers!

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

#2 Steve Haarmann

Steve Haarmann

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:11 AM

I would create a new layer called "cabinets only"

When you add your dimensions to your cabinets you can then edit the specific cabinet dimensions and extensions and put them on this new layer.

If you don't want to see them on the main drawing you must set the visibility options under layers to not show "cabinets only"

In your new cabinetry mode you need to deselect standard dimensions in visible items (if that is what you want to do)

You can then select the "cabinets only" layer as visible for that mode.

• Jon Davis likes this

#3 Martin Livingston

Martin Livingston

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 22 February 2021 - 07:50 AM

After a bit of back and forth with Softplan Support it seems that the Custom Drawing Modes use the same settings as the regular Drawing Mode. They are putting it forward to the development team to see if they can be made to operate like the other Drawing Modes. As a work-around for the time being I am using the Framing Drawing Mode, which I do not need, for my cabinet details. Now I can have an independent set of dimensions without having to jump through hoops with layers to accomplish it. I just turn off the framing objects and turn on the Drawing, Room and Opening items I want to appear in the drawing 

Attached Files

Five out of four people are not very good with fractions

www.cresco.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users