3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Pazyniak

Dave Pazyniak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:33 AM

I add a 2' transom to a window, but I realize on the elevation it is too tall.  I undo the change.  When I try to add a transom I no longer get the option to select the transom height.  Same result when adding a transom to any window that is the same size as the original.  How can I clear out the old incorrect transom height?

Thanks,

Dave

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

It kind of hijacks that particular window for that drawing. So, you either need to use a different window or go into the Drawing Options- Drawing Library- find the window and change it there. I typically will use separate openings for that reason and the ability to change each individually.

• Joseph Smith and Chris Robinson like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Don Gibbons

Don Gibbons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 05:59 AM

Every drawing has their own Drawing Libraries of library items on the drawing. When you Add Transom to an opening it gets added to the Drawing Library. If you Undo that, it doesn't get removed from the Drawing Library and must be done manually. Go To File, Drawing Options, Drawing Library. At this point you can select the library that the opening is in and click Reset Library or you can browse to the particular library and delete the opening with the transom. At that point you can go back to the drawing and Add Transom to the base window and Add Transom again.

#4 Michael Roman

Michael Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationPeshtigo, WI

Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:37 AM

In addition to what Don said above, instead of deleting the opening from the library you could just edit it in the library and make the transom the height that you want.  Once you are done editing the library go to your floor plan and edit the opening there.  Uncheck product code and then re-check it.  This will reload the symbol you just edited which will include the new transom height.

• Brent Hyndman likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users