#1 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:08 PM

Anyone use Google Drive as their main projects data drive for SoftPlan projects?  Any drawbacks other then being on line 100% of the time for it to function.  Please don't mention SP cloud, that only allows SP files.  Each of my job folders contains much more data the just SP stuff.  i.e. plan sketches, invoices, structural calc data and important email stuff and SP plan data files/folders.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#2 Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:23 PM

Hey, Joe,

I use Dropbox and Microsoft One Drive. Both have subscription fees based on storage size wanted/needed. I use these to send files to customers and contractors by using links to individual files or inviting them as a member of a full folder that can contain whatever items you want them to access. You can 'deny' access to specific files within the folders as well.

I do save my SPD files to these as needed... if I know I will be working on them remotely. I believe Google Drive works the same way.

#3 Guest_Derrik Bauer_*

Guest_Derrik Bauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:28 PM

I use google drive with no issues.  

#4 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:04 PM

I use Dropbox and share folders with others who work with me. It is pretty nice in that you can choose to have files local and in the cloud. And, as long as we do a little coordination so we are not both working on the same project we don't end up with corrupt or multiple files.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users