7 replies to this topic

#1 Steve and Carla Farnam

Steve and Carla Farnam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:13 PM

Working on a new project rendering and wondering what new rendering tools  SP 2022 may have.

Attached Files

• Derk Burgers likes this

#2 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:26 PM

Great job, clean lines.  Perhaps the board/batten lines will align in 2022 3D (notice your garage gable/wall has does not mesh properly).

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#3 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:32 PM

Nice looking house!

One of the reasons I bought SP way back was to be able to kick out 3D views quickly. From what I had seen back in the late 90's it was the best. Now, it does a good job with a lot, but could do much more (competition is tough). Aligning textures and the way walls with offset elevations mesh is a big thing that needs work (in my opinion). Texture mapping overall would be so much better if we could assign and orient with an edge of each object in a timber brace/truss/accent or other such items.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#4 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:36 PM

I've noticed in 2020 that texture copy works good but leaves that line UNLESS the wall siding is called Siding A and the Gable siding is called Siding A then the line goes away (sometimes).  if the wall is Siding A and the Gable is Board and Baton even if you do texture copy, the line will remain.  short story.......siding have to be the same in their description.

Applying paint while creating elevations is a different story but needs help.  moving board and baton vertical lines is tricky...so is horizontally moving horizontal sidings.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

#5 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:03 PM

Has anyone noticed that the 2022 Pre-Release in available to download on the Start Page for + subscribers?  It's been there since the end of last week but I haven't had time to download it.

• David Zawadzki likes this

#6 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:42 AM

Great catch Jim! I just signed up. Can't wait to take it for a test drive!!

#7 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:24 AM

I'm signed up. Thanks for mentioning that Jim! I am hoping horizontal profiles and textures in renderings will line up, or we will have offset controls for those as well. I do like that they got it so the "like" materials map better (as Joe stated they need to be the same material assignment in definition, not just texture). I am hopeful we get a lot more user options with editing and improved control on many things we've asked for.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#8 Todd Williard

Todd Williard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 02 March 2021 - 10:12 AM

Is this only available for the Main Key?

V11-V2024

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users