#1 Dan Turner

Dan Turner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationConyers, Georgia

Posted 15 March 2021 - 10:28 AM

False alarm.  Obviously a wandering printhead that needs to be replaced....if I can find one.<G

Dan T

I had a peculiar issue take place this morning.

I've attempted to print a page that had two versions of the same foundation on D size with Title Block, etc. etc.

The foundation drawings were different layouts of the same drawing via the use of Building Options.  Both layouts had various building options for different components to pull in and out to fit the purpose for each.

Opened the plan set to install both on the page to print...everything appeared good to go and so I sent it direct over to my ol' DesignJet 500-42.  There was a bit of clunking as the carriage was starting to work, so when I got up to see what was the cause...the title block looked fine, however the drawings were printing out in double just far enough apart to make the drawings useless.

I exported to a pdf file, saved that and then sent it over to the DJ500 and got the same thing.  Title Block, border and components of the borders were fine...but the drawings....still ghosting.

I closed out and pulled up another project and sent it over via direct....title block and subject drawing was just what it should be.

The difference between the last drawing and the previous drawing is that the ghosting drawings used Building Options...whereas the last printed test drawings did not.  Blowing up the .pdf as well as the SP drawings on the Plan Set showed no evidence of doubling...so it's a bit confusing as to what I did incorrectly with Building Options.  Especially with a clock ticking down for a Thursday delivery.

Not all that familiar with Building Options but decided it was time to move into the current state of the SP Art.  All that Building Options can do is terrific...however, I'm thinking I've made a bit of an error somewhere along the way in order for this drawing to wind up unusable for the work performed.

Any thoughts on the matter would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!! 

Edited by Dan Turner, 15 March 2021 - 12:49 PM.

Dan Turner, CPBD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users