#1 Jonathan Verduzco

Jonathan Verduzco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, TX

Posted 19 March 2021 - 12:33 AM

What is the best way to add roof plan to a site plan instead only building outline? see photo. Unlike the photo it would be nice to have the roof plan and an outline of the building as well. What is the best approach to achieve this?

Attached Thumbnails

• Document1.jpg

#2 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 06:39 AM

I use the actual house floor plan on my site plan, altho I  sometimes, Do a save as of the floor drawing and create a foundation plan and  go to site mode to create the site, and i put all the 3D driveways and everything on the foundation plan. i then erase (with erase type) what I don't want and can leave the roof on the roof layer/mode

Then go to  options- visible items and from there can turn on the roof outlines to see on either site or drawing mode.

Oh hey Jonathan, just realize it was you, 

Getting used to using visible items has been really useful for me. and will work here, just draw the site with the house on it, and turn visiblity on or off anything you want, like turn non-bearing walls off, cabinets etc. And turn roof outline on

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 March 2021 - 06:27 PM

As Fred Suggested ... Use the Floor Plan, but have the roof outline ON in VISIBLE ITEMS

Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users