#1 Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationParksville BC Canada

Posted 03 April 2021 - 12:45 PM

Hi Folks!

I have a small annoying fly in the ointment I am hoping someone might help resolve.

Often with a garage that is forward from the rest of the main house there would be the valley from the garage running up the main roof. In this the case the side hip  roof edge runs further back and continues along the gable for a small distance, I don`t see a way to show the barge board on the end to cap it off. I have tried to use the hole in roof and it is as close as I get but without the option to show the roof raking back. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance! Happy Easter!

Kevin Johnson

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG.jpg
  • 3d img.jpg
  • gable return location.jpg

#2 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:49 AM

Can you use a shed roof for the part that extends past your circle area?

Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#3 Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationParksville BC Canada

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:01 PM

Thanks David, yes I can! Now why didn`t I think of that?  Sometimes it would be nice to have an extra roof edge in between roof edges that would help to marry up two roofs and get an extra edge to edit and have all  the roof edges communicating . This did work, but I have a hole cut in the main roof to take out the gutter line from hanging in the garage, It`s nice to be able to create a roof that is all one trace line around to get  it without the chopping with holes. This one I had to do in three traces, however, I`m satisfied  for the purpose of this to get exterior 3d views. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails

• shed roof.jpg

• David Zawadzki likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users