#1 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:52 AM

I have an issue where my Softplan window resizes dramatically when moving from one monitor to another, and am wondering if anyone else has experianced this. I am not sure just when this issue started. I have a laptop and 2 27" 4k monitors. When I start to slide it over it expands to beyond the edges of the monitors and it is difficult to move it to and maximize it on the desired monitor. Tech support says it is a windows issue and I am just wondering if anyone has a solution.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 11:34 AM

I had some issues early on with an external monitor. It turned out to be the resolution I was using. I had to set it down low like, 1000x1200 or something. 

• James Holley likes this

#3 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:10 PM

Have you tried downsizing the maximize button before dragging to the other monitor?
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#4 Verlin Klassen

Verlin Klassen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationBirnie, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:02 PM

I tried numerous things with the maximize button. It looks like I got it resolved. I set my laptop to be the main screen and messed around with the scaling in the Nvidia control panel. I don't know what is actually different in those settings now, but it seems to be working.

Verlin Klassen

Westman Drafting

#5 James Holley

James Holley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis Metro, Indiana

Posted 13 April 2021 - 04:29 AM

I have an issue where my Softplan window resizes dramatically when moving from one monitor to another, and am wondering if anyone else has experianced this. I am not sure just when this issue started. I have a laptop and 2 27" 4k monitors. When I start to slide it over it expands to beyond the edges of the monitors and it is difficult to move it to and maximize it on the desired monitor. Tech support says it is a windows issue and I am just wondering if anyone has a solution.

I have a 17.3 Acer laptop, and 2 24" Acer LED's, there is something to do with matching or not, the resolutions, meaning screens may have to match laptop, if not that, then they should be set to "their own native" resolution, however, i think it is done on the "laptop setting side" as I've never had to re-set any places Monitor when doing presentations in home or at the conference area where I often meet, and it's a 80" plasma. Not sure if this helps, but Google the issue, maybe add your laptop basic info, you find your answer just as I did mine.

James L. Holley

SoftPlan user since 1993

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users