Photo

Needed: SoftPlan 2020 Pro to Create a Roof...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delane Barrus

Delane Barrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 04:49 PM

Hello,

I purchased a home plan back in late December as a starting point in designing our 'forever' home.   The designer had used SoftPlan 2015 to design the plan I started with, so I purchased the original format and a subscription to 2020 thinking this would be the best way forward. 

It has been a lot of fun and work editing and evolving the plan, however I bit off more than I can chew when it comes to the roof. Either SoftPlan 2015 did not translate the roof correctly to 2020, or it was never worked out in 3D as the 2D roof plan communicates enough to a builder (but does not  fit to the new walls, garage dimensions, and I raised the roof/ceiling by 1 foot).

I am desperately hoping I can pay someone experienced in the software to either adjust the old roof to my changes, or just recreate it referencing the existing roof plan. That plan includes a front, back, left and right drawings all in SoftPlan 2020 now.

While that person is working on the roof plan I will finish up the site plan, retaining walls, exterior material choices and electrical placement.  

There will inevitably be some other issues with my models you might find - and I am happy to have those corrected as well. 

Shoot me a message in this forum if you are available, and I will share my email, phone, Google drive or dropbox so we can coordinate.  I need to get this to an engineer as soon as possible and need to do that with a correct roof drawing.  I can pay via Venmo hourly, or another way if you prefer.

Thank you!

Drawings attached show the original roof line (which I am keeping) and the current home design without the roof.

Attached Files

• Steve and Carla Farnam likes this

#2 Thomas Roman

Thomas Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 27 April 2021 - 08:27 PM

I'm too busy to take this on, but please post the results when someone helps... That is a really cool looking project... I can't wait to see it modeled...

looks like you did a great job so far, even a tricky sloped lot...

• Keith Almond and Delane Barrus like this

#3 Delane Barrus

Delane Barrus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 April 2021 - 01:52 PM

A forum member contacted me about this. Really, really appreciate the help. He is reviewing my plans.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users