#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 30 April 2021 - 03:57 PM

I think it is part of the assembly. But not sure how to add one to an assembly that doesn't initially have them. Gotta explore that more.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 04:49 PM

Post are a separate item from the railing now. So if you have no post there, edit at end of the railing or past it a hair (not sure where yet) but edit at the end area and a drop down will open for the post as a separate item from rails.

so if you have no post, the edit for post will say No Post and you can choose what type you want.

And apparently to deal with mid post you edit the middle of the rails to open railing, and add mid post there

#4 Jerry Gagne

Jerry Gagne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:03 PM

Fred

Thanks for getting back to me.

I got to say if SP thinks that's improvement??

I like the icon from the previous version..!

Thanks again Fred

#5 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 09:14 AM

If there is not a post already on the railing, "Add Railing Post" is available in the right click menu for the rail.

#6 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 03 May 2021 - 05:29 PM

So how do I get rid of the end posts now? I have a 6x structural post and certainly don't need a deck post attaching to it but I can't get rid of just that railing post?

#7 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:41 PM

So how do I get rid of the end posts now? I have a 6x structural post and certainly don't need a deck post attaching to it but I can't get rid of just that railing post?

Will this help?

https://youtu.be/WGD-IIID2yk
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#8 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:56 PM

Thanks David but mine isn't working that way. I have end railing posts at each of my structural posts and no matter what I try to edit they just don't go away.

#9 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 03 May 2021 - 07:15 PM

Thanks David but mine isn't working that way. I have end railing posts at each of my structural posts and no matter what I try to edit they just don't go away.

Right Click on the end post.
Under railing post- post tab, go to Style and select no post.

You can extend the railing a set distance by editing railing and go to end options-overhang...
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#10 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:55 PM

No 'post' tab shows up no matter where I click. Just railing

#11 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:40 AM

No 'post' tab shows up no matter where I click. Just railing

Try going to 3D view, zoom in on front view of railing, now put your cursor on the end post and right click.

Softplan user since 1989

#12 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:15 AM

Came back to the plan this morning and the railing and posts are as they should be. Go figure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users