1 reply to this topic

#1 Randy Ziebarth

Randy Ziebarth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMt.Horeb, WI

Posted 07 May 2021 - 12:02 PM

I live & work in Southern Wisconsin and have been a long time user of Softplan, but only on occasion. I am in need of assistance/training for the more detailed and precise functions of Softplan. I have been squeaking by for years, but now want to include more in my plans and give my customers more details. So I am looking for anyone in the area who would be willing to work with me on some of my plans. I can either come to your office (Fully vaccinated for COVID) or we can work online, or you can come to  my office. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me at rziebarth57@gmail.com or call me at 608-516-6960. Thanks, Randy Ziebarth

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 10 May 2021 - 04:30 PM

Randy,

One big question is how do you use the program? What kind of projects? Do you need materials lists? What level of detail are you hoping to provide? There are so many ways each person uses the program to customize to the way they like to draw and what they want or need to show for their clients and building departments. We have some super picky municipalities and design review boards.

Not sure if Art Schregardus (SP?) is still around, but when I lived in Brookfield I had him come to my house and show me what SoftPlan could do. He was a guru and sold me on the program. That was back in the late 90's, but maybe you can track him down for in person training. Sometimes it is nice to just sit and look over someone's shoulder to see how they do things and ask questions. If there are specific things you are interested in detailing more or providing on your plans it may be worth posting some questions here.

If I make it back to WI in the near future I'd be happy to spend a little time going through what I do. It may not be the best, but may give some pointers on what can be done.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users