• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Randy McLain

Randy McLain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:28 AM

I have a reoccuring problem when I bring an elevation view into a plan set page.  I have attached a screen shot to show the hole I get on the displayed image.  This happens weather I'm using a spd file or elevation image from the model.  It DOES NOT happen with floor plan.  SOFTPLAN tech. support says that my system does not meet minimum requirements.  I quess my question is, what exactly do I need to look to upgrade? 

Has this happened to anyone else?  

#2 Warren Ducote

Warren Ducote

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, Texas

Posted 10 May 2021 - 02:44 PM

We have nothing to look at.

#3 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 May 2021 - 03:22 PM

To be honest Randy, Softplan's Minimum Requirements aren't all that high. See https://softplan.com...ftplan-require 

I would suspect that the main issue is your graphics card, and if you have to upgrade that, then you have to ask yourself is it worth putting a new graphics card in the computer you have, or get a whole new system? And that's a question only you can answer based on your existing system and your budget.

Some of the guys here are running some really high end systems ... I'd upgrade my personal computer substantially just running the systems they've thrown away ...

• Michael Landry and Steven Wohlgemuth like this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#4 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:09 PM

SoftPlan runs good on my current computer. No problems with any holes.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#5 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 11 May 2021 - 05:45 AM

David - Are you trying to say you DON'T think this Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB is a high end PC, because it's certainly a higher spec than I or ANYBODY I know has. I'd be surprised if you have any issues running anything.

• Mike Adams likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

#6 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:17 AM

David - Are you trying to say you DON'T think this Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB[/size] [/size]is a high end PC, because it's certainly a higher spec than I or ANYBODY I know has. I'd be surprised if you have any issues running anything.

I was just answering the OP’er questions about what he needed to upgrade to so he could run SoftPlan. Thanks for trying to make me feel better about only having an RTX 2080 ti graphics card though.
  • Keith Almond likes this
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#7 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:56 AM

Yes David, I was impressed with your computer spec's until I came to you video card. What a letdown...

:(

• Keith Almond and David Zawadzki like this

#8 Randy McLain

Randy McLain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:43 PM

I fixed it!   The Title Page file was corrupted.  Used a different border and no more hole!  Thanks for the replies.  I still need to upgrade sometime soon.

• Gary McKeon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users