3 replies to this topic

#1 Kenneth Volanti

Kenneth Volanti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCrown Point, IN

Posted 10 May 2021 - 06:11 PM

So I downloaded and installed Softplan version 2022. I went to uninstall version 2020 and it keeps going back to the installation wizard. Which all I want to do is uninstall, not install another 2020. I don't understand why it is doing that. Should I just delete the 2020 installation folder? and if I do that will it cause problems to version 2022. For some reason it put 2022 into a different folder C:\SoftPlan. Where my Softplan 2020 is in folder C:\Program Files\SoftPlan

#2 Fred Russell

Fred Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 08:19 PM

I uninstalled the Beta prerelease of 2022, and at some point it said it was loading 2022, (again), but it didn't

Now tho it wants me to download the font installer. but instructed me to reboot, i did,

opened Softplan2022 and all appears good.

It's showing it didn't delete tho and i think i still have the prerelease

I'll try again some day. Doesn't matter now i GUESS

#3 Harald Schwegel

Harald Schwegel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:40 AM

So I downloaded and installed Softplan version 2022. I went to uninstall version 2020 and it keeps going back to the installation wizard. Which all I want to do is uninstall, not install another 2020. I don't understand why it is doing that. Should I just delete the 2020 installation folder? and if I do that will it cause problems to version 2022. For some reason it put 2022 into a different folder C:\SoftPlan. Where my Softplan 2020 is in folder C:\Program Files\SoftPlan

There are several things going on here.

If the uninstall is returning to the Installation Wizard it means that the original uninstall information has been corrupted and is no longer available.  The only solution in that case is to manually removed the SoftPlan folder.

SoftPlan versions do not rely on the presence of any previous versions to function.  You can use the Uninstall feature to remove prior installations of SoftPlan as the Setup does not remove any files that you have created*.  It is none the less good practice to MAKE BACKUP COPIES OF ALL YOUR PROJECTS prior to any uninstall. 

SoftPlan Setup does not place any files in the Program Files folder - this had to have been a user selection during the original installation.

The default installation location for the last several versions has been C:\SoftPlan and it is this location which allows the SoftPlan Setup to (optionally) migrate the configuration from a previous version.  The migration process will rename the previous version folder but not otherwise alter the installation.  Choosing a custom install location will require you to manually move your projects and configuration using the Archive Backup and Restore tool.

Hopefully that clarifies what is happening.

* SoftPlan Trial install / uninstall behavior is slightly different but not relevant to this conversation.

• John Jones and Kenneth Volanti like this

#4 Harald Schwegel

Harald Schwegel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:48 AM

I uninstalled the Beta prerelease of 2022, and at some point it said it was loading 2022, (again), but it didn't

Now tho it wants me to download the font installer. but instructed me to reboot, i did,

opened Softplan2022 and all appears good.

It's showing it didn't delete tho and i think i still have the prerelease

I'll try again some day. Doesn't matter now i GUESS

Fred,

It does matter.  If your Help > About shows a version any less than 2022.2.4 then you do indeed still have the Pre-Release (or Beta) installed.  Be aware that these versions will not receive any updates (patches) going forward.  I would strongly urge you to install the current release from the SoftPlan website.

• John Jones likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users