#1 Jonathan Barto

Jonathan Barto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pa

Posted 13 May 2021 - 07:39 AM

Im kinda disappointed they really didn't do much with the stairs.   We still cant adjust the landings to be say like a rectangle shape.   This can be done by exploding the stairs and doing the landing separately.  but the landing has to be manually calculated perfectly in heights.  otherwise the stairs adjust the riser count.

also if say we need to change first floor wall height during the design process and need to add say a foot..   on a straight set or premade stairs we can easily adjust the total rise height or even on premade angle stairs do the same and pick how many rises it is to the landing and the landing automatically adjusts.    When using an exploded landing you have to manually get it exact and its alot of math and adjustments that you have to go thru.

Stairs are one thing totally still lagging behind.

Also I didn't see any way to draw volute railings.  I know the stairs can do it but didn't see an option for railing to follow.

These upgrades would be really nice for the program

Thanks

#2 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 13 May 2021 - 01:02 PM

I can see future advancement in the stair area, i've become rather efficient with drawing landings so don't really mind with identifying stair rise/run then setting the landing accordingly.  I would like to see us have the ability to assign nosings to landings.  For example if its the very bottom riser or if stacking a few crazy shaped landings that could be handy.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users