#1 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:18 AM

I noticed this was brought up in a 2018 post, but does anyone know if this has been incorporated into SP2022? I would love to be able to group lines together, basically creating a symbol, but without having to go through the actual symbol creation process, similar to AutoCAD's block command.

*EDIT* I have tried using the group box command, but when I try to move the object afterwards, it ends up only moving the line segment that I select instead of moving the entire group together. Am I doing something wrong?

• Jon Davis likes this

#2 Jon Davis

Jon Davis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:22 AM

that would be handy. I never use the group command b/c when I first tried I never figured out how it worked... so I just quit trying. 

#3 Henry Buckner

Henry Buckner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 11:42 AM

When you select the "Move" command, a status bar appears. It has a button that says "Group" beside the one that says "Attach". If you 

select the "Group" button and move an item in the group, the group will move.

• Jon Davis likes this

#4 John Jones

John Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:06 PM

SoftPlan | Selection Sets - YouTube is a more powerful tool than Group.

• David Zawadzki likes this

#5 David Johnson

David Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 18 May 2021 - 12:53 PM

Henry - Thanks! I knew I had to be missing something.

John - I appreciate the video. I have used control to select multiple objects, I had hoped that there was a way to single click select and move groups of lines. I just didn't realize there was a Group button to move previously grouped objects.

Thanks for the help guys!

#6 Keith Almond

Keith Almond

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts
  • LocationBrockville, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 May 2021 - 03:29 PM

SoftPlan | Selection Sets - YouTube is a more powerful tool than Group.

Maybe a more powerful tool, but it doesn't do exactly the same thing ... I use both extensively ... each one has it's uses. I use group to move details round on drawing sheets. When multiple items need to be arranged selecting just one items in the group is easier than trying to multi-select items which may be overlapping. It's easier to throw 5 or 6 details on a page and rearrange them with group ... of course they have had to be defined as a group when they were originally created.

• John Coyle likes this
Keith

There are 10 types of people in this world ....... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Softplan user since version 5.5.2.5

www.homehardwarekingston.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users