#1 Jonathan Verduzco

Jonathan Verduzco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, TX

Posted 25 July 2021 - 02:53 PM

Is it normal for a cross section to take long to generate? I have a Sager laptop, i7-11800H, 16gb ram, NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 6GB.

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:24 AM

I think it depends on what is being cut by the section. Some symbols and other model elements may take a little time to generate what SP thinks the section ought to look like.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Jonathan Verduzco

Jonathan Verduzco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:16 AM

I think it depends on what is being cut by the section. Some symbols and other model elements may take a little time to generate what SP thinks the section ought to look like.

It was a little weird, it was taking long to generate so I ended up trying to exit out of the program but it didn’t want to close because it was still finishing something. So I used task manager to close program. I started the program up again and it quickly generated the cross section.

#4 Gary McKeon

Gary McKeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationSilverton Oregon

Posted 26 July 2021 - 11:52 AM

I have that happen sometimes as well. Never quite sure what the program gets hung up on but it just does sometimes. I do the same as you Jonathan

#5 Jonathan Verduzco

Jonathan Verduzco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:50 PM

I have that happen sometimes as well. Never quite sure what the program gets hung up on but it just does sometimes. I do the same as you Jonathan

Ok thanks Gary, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one having this issue and that it wasn’t necessarily because of my computer because I just purchased it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users