Photo

Is there another way to edit an opening?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas Colantuono

Nicholas Colantuono

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:52 AM

I want to edit the size of a window. Am I able to do this any other way besides 

going into system library, easily as I am modeling?

#2 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 29 July 2021 - 10:10 AM

Just place a window that is close to the size you want. Then edit that window, uncheck the "Product Code" box near the window name, edit the sizes and you are set. If you want to use that same size again, add it to that library by clicking "Add Product Code" (near the bottom of the edit window) and selecting the library where you want the window definition to reside, then entering the appropriate name. If you just want a few windows that size you can either click "repeat edit" and select the others, or right click on the window you just edited and click on "Draw Select". Then place the windows where you want.

• David Zawadzki, Richard Rubinski and Nicholas Colantuono like this

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#3 Chris Robinson

Chris Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationKelowna, B.C. Canada

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:24 PM

If I am using a standard window, I add all my windows as the same size ( near the top of the library ) in the approx. location I want and then edit each one to the size I want it. I do the same with interior doors. I find it much faster than trying to find the correct window or door in a library. 

#4 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 24 August 2021 - 08:58 AM

I like to use the manufacturer library to make sure I don’t have to order custom sized windows when it comes time to build the house.
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#5 Mark Petri

Mark Petri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • LocationEvergreen, CO

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:31 AM

I find the manufacturer sizes are not always accurate or up to date. I've gotten into the habit of double checking.

Mark Petri

Petri Building and Design

#6 Ron Sirolli

Ron Sirolli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:35 AM

you can adjust the window what i do for window trim kike in a kitchen draw lines and dimenison them and adjust to fit the weight 

#7 Chris Robinson

Chris Robinson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationKelowna, B.C. Canada

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:58 PM

The thing is in my area, we don't use any of these window manufacturers ( or not often) so it is just the look of the window I am after and I stick to generally excepted standard sizes. (even and half foot dimensions) I know from experience what the limits are on glass sizes, give or take, but I am not apposed to going outside the box and stretching the manufacturer to something custom if the design calls for it. If we never did that, they would never expand their catalogue. Designers design and set trends and window suppliers follow the trends.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users