1 reply to this topic

#1 Salvatore Valente

Salvatore Valente

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 08:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue where I tell my walls to fit to ceiling, see picture below, but when I do that parts of studs appear but also the drywall does not extend with the studs to fill the hole.  However when I hit fit to roof the drywall extends and covers the opening.

Another part of this is also where I have a vertical knee wall drop from the elevated ceiling to normal wall height below. The trusses are going to come down vertically behind it, but it does not show that way, see second photo, why does the truss not follow the vertical wall?

I guess also even before extending the walls to fit the ceiling, why when the ceiling is drawn and vaulted does it not come down on top of the wall below like it does at the far right of the picture?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick Colantuono

Attached Thumbnails

• Truss Issue.JPG
  • Wall to Ceiling Issue.JPG

#2 Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 16 September 2021 - 12:53 PM

Have the pitched ceiling plane totally cover the wall that is to be raised, also make sure the flat ceiling plane does not touch the wall that is to be raised.  pretty sure the flat ceiling can not even touch the drywall of the wall that you want pitched.  good luck, sometimes that doesn't even work and i end up deleting the wall and doing it all over again.

Joseph A. Smith

http://granitedesigngroup.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users