#1 Russ Wolfe

Russ Wolfe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 30 November 2021 - 10:41 AM

Hello Everyone,

is there a way to run the gable transition board right till the end of the gable?

In the attached picture you can see it stops at the wall, but I would like for it to finish at the end of the sloped roof edge because that is how we install the transition board. 

Also is there a way to have whatever finish the gable is, go all the way to the outsides as well? Instead of having the soffit finish that gable end.

Attached File  Transition Board.jpg   81.4KB   4 downloads

• Steven Wohlgemuth likes this

#2 Jim Johnson

Jim Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:00 PM

I would in this case:  Turn off the frieze board on the board and batten wall.   Edit roof edge and turn off "Gable end provided by roof".  Create a wall with sheathing, weather barrier, & siding.  Draw this wall to extend past the board and batten wall until it meets the soffit.  Turn off clean up.  Offset to top of board and batten wall.  Add a splash board as your transition board.  Fit to roof.  Turn on "Hidden".

#3 Jon Churchill

Jon Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationThe Oaks, Australia

Posted 30 November 2021 - 01:54 PM

Russ, You can try this:

Set the side roof edges to have raked soffit. This will allow the transition board to extend to the roof edge along with the gable infill material.

Then add a ceiling to box in the raked soffits.

Attached Files

• Keith Almond, Mike Adams and ROBERT BROGAN like this

#4 Russ Wolfe

Russ Wolfe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationManitoba

Posted 30 November 2021 - 03:44 PM

I would in this case:  Turn off the frieze board on the board and batten wall.   Edit roof edge and turn off "Gable end provided by roof".  Create a wall with sheathing, weather barrier, & siding.  Draw this wall to extend past the board and batten wall until it meets the soffit.  Turn off clean up.  Offset to top of board and batten wall.  Add a splash board as your transition board.  Fit to roof.  Turn on "Hidden".

Hey Jim, Thank you for your response!! 

I have done that before, was hoping there would be a better way.

Russ, You can try this:

Set the side roof edges to have raked soffit. This will allow the transition board to extend to the roof edge along with the gable infill material.

Then add a ceiling to box in the raked soffits.

Hi Jon, Thank you also for your response.

Unfortunately raking the soffit for the transition board to extend is not working for me. 

#5 Jon Churchill

Jon Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationThe Oaks, Australia

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:30 PM

Russ, I tried it with different pitches and overhangs and it works for me. Maybe a Metric advantage ! :)

Attached Files

• ROBERT BROGAN likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users