• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Dahlstrom

Timothy Dahlstrom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Can SP 2014 edit wall surfaces independantly  Can I change the color of an individual wall section withou affecting the whole wall or all walls?

#2 Thomas Roman

Thomas Roman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

Colors are assigned to materials... so siding A gets one color, and siding B gets another... you can't tell siding A to be one color here, and a different color there... but you can use different walls, one defined with siding A and one defined with siding B... easy to edit the wall to change it from one type to another, in order to change up the materials / colors...

Another option is to use INTERIORS mode to place wallpaper or paint textures... I think you can even place wallpaper on the exterior, so that would be a way to make a portion of a wall have a different color... place a three foot section of wallpaper, and you can change the color of that wall for those three feet...

I often use INTERIOR mode items on the exterior: chair rails, baseboard, crown, etc...

Attached Thumbnails

• temp siding 2.jpg
  • temp siding.jpg

• Ben Ginther, Grant Krull and Angella Moffat like this

#3 Timothy Dahlstrom

Timothy Dahlstrom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

Thank you. That was just what I needed

#4 Philip Frank

Philip Frank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

Thomas,

Great tip using "Interior  Mode" for different options on the exterior. Never thought of that one.

Phil

#5 Harry Staab

Harry Staab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

Ditto to the interior mode tip! Never thought to try that but that trick seems like a clever way to do it!

ahp-horizontal-houseplans-180.png?15058

#6 Angella Moffat

Angella Moffat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWestern australia

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:02 PM

Hi I just tried to find interior mode on my softplan 2020 and I have it in the menu down the side with drawing , area , ceiling , electrical, floor etc but  then at the top I can't find where to get a wall paper to change my exterior wall colours to different colours. Any help is greatly appreciated if you're out there - especially to Thomas!

#7 David Zawadzki

David Zawadzki

Boss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:17 AM

Hi I just tried to find interior mode on my softplan 2020 and I have it in the menu down the side with drawing , area , ceiling , electrical, floor etc but  then at the top I can't find where to get a wall paper to change my exterior wall colours to different colours. Any help is greatly appreciated if you're out there - especially to Thomas!

This video might be of help to you...
Award winning Design+Builder with over 40 years of construction experience. Homes built in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Construction projects in CA, AZ, NV, ID, UT, NE, MO, NM, FL, GA, NY, and MI.

https://idahocustomhomes.weebly.com/

Twinmotion 2024, Autocad, SoftPlan 2024, Solidbuilder, Chief Architect X15, Sketchup, 3D Home Architect, etc.

CyberPowerPC Syber Forti SFG9EX Gaming Desktop Computer, Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, 3TB HDD + 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 10GB, Windows 10 Pro

.Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm Superman. All I am saying is no one has seen Superman and me in the same room together.<p><p>

Softplan user since 1989

#8 Richard Rubinski

Richard Rubinski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, GA.

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:31 AM

In interior mode look at the lollipop in that room, it's probably referenced to the exterior instead of the interior or that wall. Click on adjust and drag the lollipop so that it will be reference to the interior of the wall.

Attached Thumbnails

• lollipop1.JPG
  • Wall Paper.JPG
  • no wallpaper.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users