GOOGLE EARTH

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ryan Kisicki

Ryan Kisicki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

I have started playing around with Google Earth and exporting projects to it. I was wondering if there is a way to move the house around once it is on Google Earth. I can't seem to get it centered in my lot or lined up parallel with the street by just the coordinates. Thanks!

#2 Yvon Gonthier

Yvon Gonthier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

I figure some my be interested by the following answer from Bill Wimberly;

There is a quick and dirty way or there is a very precise way.

Quick and dirty: In Google Earth right click on the name of the imported file and select Properties. Move the house by clicking and dragging the center mark, #1 in the image. Rotate the house by clicking and dragging the square at #2.

Very Precise: The precise way requires you to know the exact geo location of a corner of the house as well as setting the Direction of North. If you have done a Site Plan and correctly set the Direction of North for the site plan then that part is done. If you know the exact Geo Location of a corner of the house then switch to Site Mode, turn on the visibility setting for Geo-Location Point, and move the Geo-location Point to that corner of the house. In the Sun Options set the exact location where that point should be. Now when you export your project and open it in Google Earth the house should be located and rotated precisely.

googleearth.jpg?itok=SWoICR2U

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users