D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

Hi, ..

I’ve got an issue with the 3D Symbols in 2016 .. most of them don’t seem to be available for me.

I’ve had some luck with copying from my 2014 directories to the appropriate location on the 2016 directories, .. but not always successful.

For instance, .. in 2014 .. Drawing Mode .. click the symbol icon, .. click ‘Furniture’ .. click ‘Bed’ ..

.. and I get a choice of 3D beds to use .. in 2016, I click ‘Bed’ and it’s empty.

I’ve even gone to the extent of copying the entire 3D Symbols folder, (2014)

..renaming it ‘3D Symbols from 2014’, putting it in my 2016 3D folder, changing 2016 system options 3D symbol location .. to this new ‘3D Symbols from 2014’ folder.. and my result is the same, .. a lot of the directories still show as empty.

Does anyone have any other ideas to fix the issue, .. I really don’t want to have to re-create/re-associate 2D symbols with their 3D component.

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#2 D M

D M

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Location..

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

Problem solved, ..

Re-reading my own post gave me my clue, .. the associate 2D with 3D, .. so

I renamed the 2016 'Symbols' folder to 'Symbols 2016 original' (only so I wouldn't overwrite it..)

then I copied the entire  'Symbols' folder from 2014 into the 2016 directories and I'm up an running

(the 2D has to be there for the 3D to associate to, .. something like that ..)

.. it seems to be ok now

Although I don't see why I would have to do this in the first place, .. should not the 2016 install have had all this in place to begin with ..?

.. invariably, someone will have a simpler solution.

#3 Carole Berg

Carole Berg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

Agreed, it should be there...having the same issue myself, will do the same, but why should we have to???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users